BBQ Stain on White Cotton Shirt

I have a white cotton blouse that I just spilled 57 steak sauce on. I have done nothing to it at this point. I am looking for a fool proof stain removal tip. I have tried to remove stains on blouses of this type in the past by putting oxyclean on it and then bleaching. It didn't work. Please help!

Robin from Wausau, WI

Stain Stick. I have lots of experience with tomato-based stains on shirts. This does work.

You should have water washed it at the very least when it happened.

Got the recipe for you this should help you clean it.

In the late 1800s Henry John Heinz established the slogan

"57 Varieties," which you can still find printed on Heinz

products even though the company now boasts over 5700 varieties in 200 countries. Today Heinz is the world's largest tomato producer, but interestingly the first product for the company that was launched in 1869 had nothing to do with tomatoes; it was grated horseradish. It wasn't until 1876 that ketchup was

added to the growing company's product line.

Tomato is also an important ingredient in this tangy steak

sauce. But you'll find some interesting ingredients in there as

Well, such as raisin puree, malt vinegar, apple juice concentrate, and mustard. And don't worry if your version doesn't come out as brown as the original. Heinz uses a little caramel coloring in its product to give it that distinctive tint. It's just for looks, though, so I've left that ingredient out of this clone recipe.

Besides, I've found that the turmeric and yellow mustard will help get this version close to the color of the real deal.

Raisin Puree

1/2 cup raisins

1/2 cup water

1 1/3 cup white vinegar

1 cup tomato paste

2/3 cup malt vinegar

2/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard

2 teaspoons apple juice concentrate

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon turmeric

1. Make the raisin puree by combining the raisins with the water in a food processor or blender. Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until the puree is smooth. Measure 1/4 cup of this puree into a medium saucepan.

2. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.

3. Turn heat up to medium high and bring mixture to a thorough boil.

Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1/2 hour or until thick. Let sauce cool and then refrigerate it in a covered container for at least 24 hours. Makes 3 cups.

i use stain stick and then wash it and then hang it out in the sun to dry. sometimes the wash wont remove all of a stain but when i hang in the sun to dry the sun bleaches it out.

Hydrogen Peroxide works on any organic stain. Put an old towel under the stain. Soak the stain with the peroxide and leave until it stops bubbling. Rinse the stain. Repeat if the stain is still there.

I swear by a product you can get at Target or the supermarket in the laundry soap department -- it is called Zoot! Spray some of that on the stain, wash but do not dry it. Hang to dry and see what the stain is like at that point. On rare occasions you might have to spray and wash it twice but this product works great. It is the only thing I have found that will get out greasy stains also.

I use plain club soda for stain removal. It removes anything. Just pour it right from the bottle onto the stain and let sit for a little while. Wash as usual. This has always worked for me. ~Janette~

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 25, 2009
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Man wearing a white t-shirt.
Repairing a Cotton T-Shirt
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group