Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Pen Ink from Furniture

Pin It

I was wondering if any one can help me? My dog got to a pen and it exploded and it's all over my furniture. I was wondering if there is anything to take the pen out?

Thank you much!

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Scaramouche02/03/2010

A defective ballpoint pen left smudges of blue ink all over my oak desktop. I used nail polish remover (with acetone), putting a little on a paper towel and rubbing lightly, just enough to take the ink off. After I was finished, I polished the surface with Pledge and you'd never know anything happened.

By Laurie (Guest Post)08/11/2007

The worlds best stain remover is called "TECH" I moved into a new house that had a welcome basket of cleaning supplies, one of which was that wonder product TECH. My dog got ink pen on my suede couch...followed the directions to the letter, and you can't even tell there was an ink spot. It's good for tons of stains including blood. It is sold in some stores, but also available online.

By Becky [1]02/23/2007

I have found that this works for both pen ink AND blood....Take a paper towel and fold it in fourths then lay it over the spot. Take regular hairspray and spray THROUGH the paper towel until saturated. You will see the ink being soaked up by the paper towel. Keep moving the paper towel to clean spots as it soaks up. DO NOT SCRUB! It might take several tries, but once the stain is faded you can use a carpet spot cleaner to finish it off. GOOD LUCK!

By Paige (Guest Post)02/23/2007

I feel your pain! My 2-year old did the same with a Sharpie. If it's wood, try alcohol - you can find very "strong" alcohol at Wal Mart - it is I think 91% and we applied it and rubbed the ink off with old rags. It worked pretty well on fabric as well, but prepare for a lot of blotting. If the surface is durable, a non-acetone nail polish remover worked as well in the same manner, but test it first and be prepared to rinse it out. Good luck!

By Karryn (Guest Post)12/12/2005

I have found a small amount of methylated spirits will remove most biro marks, depending on what you have used on the mark already.