AdviceBeauty

Removing Lip Gloss From Tubes to Make New Colors

Does anyone have any ideas how to get lip gloss out of the tubes to make different colors? I use old lipsticks to make new shades and that is easy, but I can't figure out how to get the lip gloss out of the tubes. Thanks.

By Nancy from GA

You would be better off health wise, using your own homemade lip gloss made out of crisco shortening, and honey. It is really great, just by itself and it does better than store bought lip gloss. I just mix up a little of each and put them in those pots that blistex comes in or other lip gloss pots.

Others put koolaid into this to make it a color they like. It is totally edible. Blessings, Robyn

You can try using a toothpick or a q-tip cotton swab stick (remove the cotton part first). Either one used can be easily wiped off with a tissue, paper towel or cloth for trying to get more out of the tube. Good luck!

If you screw the old lipgloss out there shouldn't be much left to get out and you should be able to get to it with a tableknife and q-tips. If nothing else works you might try using a double boiler on the stove, keep the heat on low so as not to boil the water in the top pan and melt the tube.

I love the crisco and honey idea, a must try for me since I am unable to use any manufactured lipgloss.

I started painting when I retired. The way to get paint out of the tubes when they are nearly empty is to roll it out with a pencil or something like that. You lay the tube on a flat surface with the top off. Then roll the pencil from the bottom up. You may have to press hard to get it out. Be sure to have some thing under the opening to catch the gloss.

Anonymous

I was also going to say q-tips or even the head of a bobby pin.

What about scissors?