Keeping Fingerprints off Mirrored Cabinets

If you have a mirrored cabinet (such as a medicine cabinet) that requires you to touch the mirror to open it, thus leaving fingerprints, I have found that placing small vinyl clings/decals at the spot you touch eliminates the fingerprints. I like to change the vinyl clings to correspond with the seasons or holidays. You can involve your children in this, too!

By songbird100

I have read that applying a layer of shaving cream on the mirror (like a "window polish") helps repel fingerprints, fog, and lint on the mirror.

(I've tried the shaving cream idea and it streaked and left such a film that I had a TERRIBLE time getting it off!)

The shaving cream has worked for me. You need to use the cheapest kind you can find (not gel). It keeps the mirror clear for a couple of months, and then I just use the shaving cream again.

Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJanuary 15, 2005
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
mirrored closets
Affixing Fabric to Mirrored Closet Doors
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🎄