Wildlife: Young Squirrel

I finally have the computer download problem fixed for my digital camera, so can share some stored photos. :-) This particular closeup photo was taken on June 7th and is of a young squirrel that just left mama's nest.

The other photo is the view of that portion of the tree of the sleeping sweetie, I see while just sitting on my patio. This squirrel slept in the crook of that tree trunk and branch for three nights. I am assuming, built it's first nest during the days, because he/she no longer slept there after the third night.

Unlike the adult squirrels, this little cutie pie is still frightened of me, but I am sure he/she will come around in time.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Hi All :-) I wish the closeup wasn't posted so small because detail was lost so here it is in a larger size :-)

Oh my gosh, it's so cute! I couldn't see the detail until I saw it larger. Very adorable, Deeli! Got to get my mother on this! x

FYI - if you put your mouse cursor on the photo & click, it will give you a larger view of the photo! Discovered that quite some time ago by accident, really helps when some of these pictures are too small to show the details!

Very cute photo by the way Deelim had to show it to my mom since I'm visiting her & we had to "ooh" & "ahh" over it! I don't know if the squirrels nest in my trees (haven't seen them), but I love to watch the young ones play in my back yard in the spring/summer months, they are like a bunch of acrobats!

Lyonpridej, We learn something new every day don't we? ;-) It never dawned on me to try clicking on the photo once at the link page so I thank you very much for sharing that info! You're a doll for sharing! I am so glad you enjoyed the photo. Isn't that little guy just adorable and he looks so darn tuckered out :-)

August 10, 2011 Flag

This is one of the squirrels who hang out in my apartment complex courtyard. Here he is standing at attention letting me know he's tired of Granny Smith apple slices and how about sharing some grapes for a change instead. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Squirrel Standing in Dirt Looking up at Window

Deeli, we sure can't say no, to a face like that can we? LOL GG Vi

If I can remember back to my high school botany class, this is not an ordinary squirrel. It's a rare Squierlis Snobish Frenchish. It may be willing to eat apples and grapes if that's all that's available. Their preferred food is pate or escargot with walnuts or pistachios. And of course, topped with Sauce Béarnaise. If it's a male, you might want to picture of Bridget Bardot on your patio to draw him closer.

Photos WildlifeAugust 3, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Squirrel hanging onto a tree.
Squirrel Information and Photos
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
tiny grey squirrel
Caring for an Orphaned Baby Squirrel