Removing a Spot from a Suede Jacket

I have a brown suede jacket that I recently got a spot on it. How do I get it out, without taking it to the cleaners and spending a lot of money? I read to use mild sand paper. Is that true?

Deb from North Haven, Connecticut

Answers

Wal*Mart sells (really cheap) a cleaning kit (an eraser thing & a brush) for Suede. I've used it to clean shoes on which I had gotten cooking oil. Worked like a miracle! If the spot is really stuborn you might try putting baby powder on the spot and letting it sit for a while before using the eraser and brush. Good luck.