Can Bleach Harm Dogs?

If I bleach my yard for Parvo do I need to keep the other dogs out of the yard? Can bleaching the yard harm my other dogs?

Sara from Georgia

I would never let my dogs in the yard after any chemical application.

Hello,

Yes! Bleach can harm your fur babies. Please remember that Parvo is VERY contagious and stays in the dirt/ground for up to 1 year. You need to keep other dogs out of this area for a VERY long time. Please call your Veterinarian for more advise. Good luck

Bleach is not good for any animal or human to ingest. If you bleach your yard I would definately keep the animals inside until the entire yard is thoroughly dry. Also keep an eye on them when you first release them into the yard to ensure that they aren't digging or getting into something that may still be holding some bleach. For example: a pile of leaves that are still damp underneath. Good Luck sanitizing!

Make sure your solution is not too strong, or you will kill all plants

I had a Veterinarian tell me to bleach my yard and all she said was make sure its dry before letting your dogs out in the yard.

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 7, 2008
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Bleach
Bleach Stains on Countertop
🎄