Color Fading After Washing With Tide With Bleach Alternative

Some of my colored garments got faded in places after washing as if some bleach or other chemical spilled on them. I use Tide with Bleach Alternative and its supposed to be safe on colored garments too. Not all the garments that I laundered with those garments had this problem. This has happened 2-3 times and the garments which are affected are so bad that they cant be worn again. Can someone help?

Mann

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You may want to contact the manufacture (Proctor & Gamble). I am not sure what they could do, except send some free coupons and such.

I would check the box of detergent against the type of material you are washing. Also, some manufacturers of clothing use a cheap dye that could easily fade, regardless of the detergent. Lastly, you may want to make sure all the detergent is disolved in the wash water before adding the clothing. Sorry this is not a solution for your damaged clothes, but hopefully it has been helpful.

Also, make sure that your laundry soap is disolved before you put the clothes in.

That will help.

Don't use tide with bleach alternative. It is considerably more expensive than buying regular tide and adding borax or clorox 2 to just the loads that need it. Also, fill your washer and add detergent before you add your clothes so the detergent is diluted.

I recommend switching completely away from Tide. I used to work in a very expensive department store. Weekly we'd get clothes returned to us that had been ruined in the wash. Without fail, EVERY single person I asked, had washed with Tide!

Nothing can be done about the damaged garments, but to avoid the problem in the future, soak new clothes in salty water before laundering, this helps to 'set' the dyes.

Darween from Georgia, USA :)

My bright-colored clothes were ruined after using Tide with Bleach Alternative. I sprang for this product even though it was expensive, reasoning that a more expensive detergent would be safer to use. In the past I've used the most budget priced detergents on these same clothes without any problem. Now after using Tide with Bleach Alternative, all my brights look greyed-out. Please be careful when using this product.

I am having the same problem with clothes fading or bleach spots. Don't use this product!

All my clothes too are ruined after using Tide with Bleach Alternative 2X concentrate and the worst is all my kitchen mats came out with holes in them. I would recommend no one to use tide any more.

I had faded spots on my favorite shirt as well. Its not wearable until I bleach the rest of the shirt white. I am never using tide, bleach alternative or not, ever again! I hope tide is reading this. Anyone on here can recommend a different company for detergent?

I have faded spots on my blue pillowcases and towels. I am just realizing that it is the Tide Alternate that did this. I am fortunate that this didn't happen to my denims.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 10, 2005
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
dark jeans
Fading Dark Jeans
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:06:30 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.