Watch Labels for MSG

I recently discovered an insidious additive that almost all manufacturers are putting into foods, and I hope you all begin to watch for it. It is MSG (monosodium glutamate), and of course, we expect it to be in Asian foods.

However, it is in so many foods now that people may not know of, one needs to do a lot of reading if you want to keep your health.

Opponents call it "the food additive that excites the brain cells to death". At the end of this post, I will send you two links and you can read for yourself. Chips, soups, gravy mixes, chicken and sausage, dip mixes, a ton of spices, Parmesan products, most chip snacks, and the list goes on and on.

I had horrible head buzzing to the point where I thought I had a brain tumor. I did some research, and the only thing that explains all the symptoms is MSG. I was relieved more than you can imagine, and wanted to make sure my friends out there had the same info.

So, read the labels, and the links and you won't be sorry. I hope this helps even one person, as that would make it worth it.

Source: My own research.

By Poor But Proud from Yorktown, VA

Several years ago it became legal to call MSG "flavor inhancers) so if you see that be suspicious.

MSG generally is only harmful to people who have allergies to it. Side effects like you're speaking of occur if 3 grams or more per meal exist but it's definitely good to check out and know MSG content! You should even ask restaurants how much MSG is in any item you're considering ordering.

Here's another link to check out: http://www.drwe  w/u/id/QAA400215

Thanks for sharing the warning for those who might not be aware :-)

I recently discovered I was very sensitive to MSG. They make me flush in a most painful sort of way, my ears blisters and my eyes now have begun to swell. Consequently I found out the hard way April of last year that I had numerous food allergies . The kind that cause anaphelactic(sp?) reactions. MSG is hidden under MANY different names. If you are unsure. Don't buy it!

For most of my 56 years, I have been having a myriad of symptoms, most of them neurological in nature. They range from night sweats to migraines, muscle and joint pain to heart palpitations. And I thought Parkinson's was enough to bear.

But, I have known for a while that the food additives we are (often) unknowingly consuming have had an effect on us. It wasn't until today that I knew how much.

I got up and started reading the labels of the food I had in my house. Instant potatoes, soup, dips, chips, canned veggies, gravy mixes, the list is insidious!

MSG is known as an "excitotoxin" which means it is designed to "excite the brain cells to death". Aspartame is pretty much the same, but doesn't have the gluten that so many people have trouble with.

MSG has now been linked to certain types of autism, lupus, diabetes, fibromialgia, asthmatic related episodes, and more, as you read the links I am including.

I saw a slogan the other day that says "It's easier to be well then get well." That is my new mantra.

If this helps even a few of us be healthier, and feed our kids better, then it was worth getting it out to all you fun, friendly, and frugal folks!

By Poor but Proud from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 13, 2010
Finding Free Address Labels
Finding Free Address Labels
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:47:25 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.