ClothingRepair

Faded Mock Crocodile Purse

I have a turquoise mock croc purse that is beginning to fade. I've found shoe polish in the right color, but I'm wondering if this will be the best bet to fix the purse. Will the shoe polish be colorfast, or will it rub off on my clothing when I wear the purse?

Jen from Eugene, OR

Answers

I think that I have a solution for you, but first you should try it on a place that won't show as easily, like you could test it on the bottom of the purse if it is flat, or inside where the straps may start.Permanent Markers come in a turquoise, and lots of other colors, greens too, you could see if there turquoise would be a good match, and you could add more green or more blue, let it set for a few days, You may want to use a sealer, over your work, like some kind of clear spray.Your idea about shoe dye might work, but you would probably need a clear spray, of course follow all those safety rules.I have used permanent marker on my shoes when they start looking worn out. Kersti