In Memory of Munchkin (Chihuahua/Small Rat Terrier)

contest winner icon

Munchkin was a Chihuahua/Small Rat Terrier mix. He lived to be 13+ years old and is recently deceased.

The third Sunday of July 2007, I was outside with my husband while he grilled, instead of being inside cooking. I saw a movement near my tomato patch, walked over and found an almost dead, neglected dog. It was true love. We took her in and with the help of our vet we saved her. She passed away 09-18-08.

She loved to prance and get our attention. She also loved sitting on our laps.

She barked at the water dish a lot. I told my husband she was "making holy water," because she scared the devil out of it. We want her back again as a Rat/Cha. She won't know neglect because we will get her as a puppy, and this time, she will know what toys are!

By Carol L. from South Bend, IN

Terrier in garden.

I am so very sorry for your loss! I hope it's comforting for you to know that you gave Munchkin a good extended life and I am sure she is in Heaven smiling down on you and helping the Angels make Holy Water ;-)

Aww what a lovely dog, she was blessed to have found you.

I am glad you got to spend that time with her. You must miss her so much. I am so sorry for your loss.

Monique Somerset, UK

Aww, she's beautiful, marked like a tiny cow. What a loveable baby!

I am so sorry for your loss. you know shes in a better place now and you still have your memories.

What a wonderful thing you did for her! You gave her something very special! I am sorry for your loss of such a precious friend!

What a wonderful gift she was! Munchkin will live forever in your heart. Thank you for giving her a forever home and lots of love.

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Your Munchkin is beautiful and I'm so sorry for your loss. You made the end of her life happy and that's what matters most.

It seems that just a few days after your Munchkin passed, I adopted my Pepe from our local shelter. Pepe is 10 years old and the light of my life. The shelter said they thought he was Chihuahua/Rat Terrier, but I always referred to him as a Chi. Not anymore. Not after seeing Munchkin!

Rat Terrier/Chihuahua Mix
Rat Terrier/Chihuahua Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 11, 2008
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
Lollipop Guild Munchkin Costume
Making a Lollipop Guild Munchkin Costume