Removing Tape Residue From PVC Fence

How can I remove tape residue from my PVC fence?

By alliecallie from Newburyport, MA

There is a product at the dollar store called Awesome Cleaner. It is a yellow liquid that is only $1 for a spray bottle. It has a lot of different uses. I use it for practically everything - toilet, sinks, floors, etc. I've found that it works better than anything at getting tape residue off of things. Sometimes I spray the item and let it sit for a few minutes. Just be careful with painted surfaces - it sometimes will remove the paint or stain.

Here is the product:

WD 40

WD40 is the worst stuff on the market, for anything. Get some lighter fluid, the kind you put in a zippo lighter. Use the smallest piece of cotton or cloth to get really wet with the fluid & just rub. When the cloth gets gummy, turn to a new spot. Use rubber gloves, but I've used this stuff for decades for any kind of adhesive. It works great for labels on bottles, too. You just squirt the fluid on the label & let soak in. The label will slip off. I haven't found an adhesive that can stump the lighter fluid. After getting it all off, just wash with some soap & water, to get rid of the oily residue from the fluid & rinse.

Heap store brand peanut butter. Get all sort of stuff like that off. Was given this idea from an appliance salesperson years ago.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 9, 2009
tape rolls
Removing Tape Residue From Walls
Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Dry Erase Board
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
A photo with tape on it.
Removing Tape Residue on Photos