Recipes Using Pattypan Squash

I have been given some pattypan squash and I would like to have some recipes for it, as I have never used it. I also need to know if it can be frozen, and how should it be prepared for that?

Thank you,
Jonnie from Alma, AR

Pattypan Squash Recipes:,1-0,patty_pan_squash,FF.html

Freezing Patty Pan Squash:

Pattypan squash can be treated like any summer squash, including a zucchini. It can be grilled in thick slices, cut up and added to a stirfry, put into a cream sauce, sauteed in a mixed vegetable saute, and even stuffed after parboiling it for 15 or 20 minutes. Personally, I wouldn't freeze it unless I had a lot of it. I would enjoy it in the summer as fresh off the vine as I could have it. I feel that we all eat too much out of season vegetables and then wonder why the kids don't like their veggies. The kids I have known have all loved fresh veggies right out of the garden, hardly stopping to wash the soil off. However, if you have a super abundance of it, I would grate them up in a food processor (only cutting off the stem and bottom bit first) and then bag it up in one or two cup amounts. This could be used then just like zucchini is in zucchini bread! Enjoy your summer squash!!!!!

Cutting Squash
Recipes Using Squash
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesJuly 21, 2007
Using Acorn Squash
Recipes Using Acorn Squash
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash