Browsing: Uses for Newspaper

Using Newspaper to Reduce Paper Towel Use

Save on paper towels by using newspaper to clean, and clean up some things. I save newspapers, and I cut them in half or smaller. You can just separate small sales flyers like you get from CVS, Walgreens, etc.

When I shampoo my hair, and blow dry it, I have hair every where in the bathroom. I used the pieces of newspaper to remove the hair from the bathtub, the sink, and off the floor before washing these items.

Sometimes ink comes off the paper if it is a sales paper but it comes out after washing with a cleaner. The black, and white newspaper prints work the best.

I use pieces of newspaper with cleaner to clean the commode seat, and to wipe the inner upper part of the commode when needed. I use newspaper to clean the mirrors, computer screen, and television screen. If you have roaches or bugs in your home, cut up smaller sections, and keep in a neat pile on the counter.

When you go into the kitchen, and you see roaches, use pieces of the newspapers to kill the roaches. You can spray your pile of newspapers with roach repellent, but keep them away from some children, and food.

Source: I thought of this to reduce the amount of paper towels that I use.

By Delilah from Columbia, SC