Removing Scratches from Imitation Leather Purse

How can I clean scratches from Leather-like PVC handbags and shoes? These items always get white scratch marks on them no matter what color they are.

Kelly from New York, NY

Not sure, I might would try a crayon the same color as the shoes or bag and color the scratch or maybe a marker?? Just ideas.

Try nail polish remover (non-acetone) in a section that is not the bottom of the purse. I had one as a teen as I forgot that I used nail polish remover until now. Use a cotton ball to apply it.

I think crayon might rub off on your clothes and acetone will likely ruin the purse and do nothing to "remove" the scratch. I think the white you are seeing is probably the stuff underneath showing through so I don't think you can actually remove the scratch. I think your best bet is to camouflage it by covering the white scratch with a permanent marker the same color of the purse.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 18, 2008
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather