My Cotton Sweater is Falling Apart

I recently bought a woven cotton sweater from a re-sale shop, and I LOVE it. the fabric is disintegrating. Does anyone have a solution for old 100% cotton? I sewed the underarm thinking that it was coming undone (yarn-wise). The more I sewed, the more it ripped. Then I tried to pull a piece and it came away in a chunk, Whahhh?!

Anna from Monterey, CA

Answers

I love cotton sweaters, too & they can fall apart - especially at arm holes & seams. I would darn it as well as possible with cotton thread to stabilize the weave. You can darn with the thread into the knit to strengthen it -

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingNovember 4, 2006
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread Recipes
Muffin Tin Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Muffin Tin Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄