Browsing: Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets

Second Use for Denture Cleaner

Here's a quickie toilet cleaning tip I use. After having soaked my dentures in denture cleaner, I pour the used cleaning mixture right into the toilet, let it sit a few minutes than give it a quick swish with a brush. This way you get 2 uses out of those expensive denture cleaning tablets!

By Marilyn

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Did you know that you can get the same cleaning effect on your dentures without buying those expensive tablets? Put just enough water in the cup to cover the dentures. Add 2-3 tsp. of white vinegar (I fill one of those liquid soap dispensers with the vinegar and pump or squirt it five times into the cup each night.) Add one heaping tsp. of baking soda and you get the same fizzing action that you do with those tablets. Stir it well and let it sit overnight. Once in a while, your dentures may need a little extra cleaning. In that case, add 1-2 capfuls of peroxide to the vinegar and baking soda mix you already have, stir well, and let sit overnight. It should do the trick! As I'm sure you know, vinegar, baking soda, and peroxide are all very inexpensive products that we all probably have around the house to use for something else. They're all safe on dentures and the human body, and this mixture still is good for cleaning toilets afterwards!

clean a bone folder. A bonee folder is a tool for creasing paper.

Here's a 3rd use! Once a month I put my diamond (and any other gems) rings into a bath using a denture tablet, water and the vibrating cup. After about 30 minutes in this bath and a good rinse they come out just as clean as if I took them in and paid a jeweler to clean them! Actually it was a jeweler who told me this trick!

Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 2, 2004
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:04:51 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.