King Ranch Casserole

I love this because I do not have to heat the oven to make it.

• 2 or 3 chicken breasts (boiled and cut up ) or use leftover chicken from a previous meal
  • Ad
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can mild Rotel or picante sauce, measured into one of the soup cans you have emptied
  • small onion chopped fine, if you want onion
  • Tostito chips, for layering
  • shredded cheddar cheese, as much as your family likes*

*I shred my own to save money. When I find Velveeta on sale I like it because it melts so nicely.

If you use onion, saute in a little of the Rotel or picante sauce until tender.

Line the bottom of your crock pot with crushed chips.

Mix all of the other liquid ingredients, both soups and the Rotel or picante sauce.

Layer chips, chicken cut into bite size pieces, sauce mixture, cheese ending with chips on top.

Set crock pot on high if you wish to serve within several hours, if you have time to let it cook all day, then start out on high and then go to low and serve when you are ready for dinner. You can serve a tossed salad with this.

When it is not a hot Summer and you want to do this in the oven, use a 9x13 inch pan and follow the same directions, but instead pop it into a 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes.

Servings: 8-10
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
all day crock pot Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I have had this recipe for years, but just started doing it in the crock pot instead of the oven to keep the kitchen cooler and it works great. Enjoy, this is one my families favorites.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall TX

This sounds good. I'm going to try it. Have to say though, was surprised because when I saw the word ranch in the title, I thought there'd be ranch dressing mix in the recipe! LOL

Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotJuly 15, 2009
Homemade ranch dressing.
Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipes
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Man in Yellow King Costume
Making a King Costume