What is the Best Way to Clean Pet Hair from Wood Floors?

Is there a broom or type of broom that can adhere to pet hair? I am looking for one that can be used to pick up hair from hardwood floors?

By Robert from Cincinnati, OH

Best Answer

Living with dogs most of my life I found the best thing for hair pick up was a small sized shop vac! Make sure it has the flat floor attachment with it when you get one. Works great!

Best Answer

My husband bought me a Swiffer Vac and it's the absolute best in getting pet hair off of hardwood floors! As it sucks up the hair it also has a pad that picks up the rest. Can't say enough good things about it.

Best Answer

Rubber brooms are the best. They pick up pet hair like a magnet. They are hard to find in stores, though. You could try Bed, Bath, & Beyond or order one online.

Next best thing, other than a vacuum, would be a microfiber mop. But make sure the microfiber is of high quality or it will be useless. Spend the money on a good quality mop that has spilt thread microfiber. The more threads per square inch, the better. The ones that have a flat side and a loopy side work quite well for numerous chores.

Best Answer

As a retired cleaning lady I have tried them all. My favorite is the Hoover Flair stick vacuum. It is light and easy to maneuver. You would need to find it online. My second favorite is a cottom dust mop. It is very effective except for having to occasionally wash the mophead.

Have you tried microfiber? I have a mop/broom type thing. I use mine with solution to clean my kitchen floor, but I think that you could use it dry to pick up pet hair/dust. It looks like a Swiffer but instead of disposable cloths, I have two reusable microfiber covers. I don't remember the brand of mine, but I got the one with the largest head I could find (more area per swipe -- I'm lazy that way!). I was in Sam's Club over the weekend, and I noticed they had one from Rubbermaid that looked nice. That one has an attached refillable bottle for squirting solution on the floor (which you could skip, if you wanted). I really like mine, and I like that I can just toss the covers in the wash and re-use them.

I bought this http://www.biss  /pet-hair-broom/ and find it works wonders.

We use an attachment that easily fits on the floor head of a vacuum cleaner by way of using "Velcro" which picks up pet hairs that are stubborn, the lose ones are sucked up by the cleaner. There is also an attachment they supply for automobiles, that does a grand job on the seats and carpets. We have used a turbo vac in the past, which now resides in the local garbage tip, as we got fed up with busted turbo belts after sucking up other tangleing objects. Stirtsystems.com on the net supplied the attachment at reasonable cost. Hope this helps, and good luck.