Ideas For Painting A Nascar Themed Room

My 2 boys (8&4) have a nascar themed room, we are looking to paint the walls in the same theme just need some ideas. Their walls are really white and with 2 boys they are hard to keep clean??

Thanks
Dawn from Colorado

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You could go kind of bold and paint the walls the colors of their favorite driver's car, such as blue and red, etc. I would paint opposite walls the same color. Use at least satin finish. Anything less, and you won't be able to scrub it. And a darker color would hide the dirt.

I saw a room that had taken med size toy trucks/cars and rolled the wheels in black paint and then rolled over the walls to put tire tracks on the walls, thought it was cute simple idea

Have you ever thought of using a patterned wallpaper on the bottom half of the walls in a Nascar theme? Or one wall could be painted with a blackboard type paint and your boys could draw to their heart's content. Sewingmamma

Hi,

You could paint one wall with the stands and "people" looking on to the race way and the opposing wall could be the straight -a-way or the back wall with their favorite driver(s) racing toward victory! This can be done in a simple or detail intense way. You and your boys could draw up some sketches-- use a projector to put things on the wall for tracing and painting-- or go free style and just set up areas on the wall..put a strip of painters tape between and paint with bold colors of their favorite driver(s)vehicles-with or with out sponsorship colors..lol

Main thing have fun--set a budget for paint and supplies and remember to let the boys help.

Would love to see a before and after picture.

Tina Klein

Hey!

I saw a Design on a Dime where they took an old back seat from a lincoln town car (cost $25 from an auto salvage place)...used a twin bed...then painted things bright primary colors like the flags...and used chrome and black accessories and bookshelf stuff. It was great! Good luck.

Well I'm doing a NASCAR room for my boyfriend three little girls. And we painted the walls grey and have been looking for tire track to stencil onto the walls. All the furiture is black and red and the bedding is the colors of each of their favorite drives. They really like.

My sons room is nascar themed as well. We plan on painting 2 walls red, 2 walls white and putting a checkered flag on one white wall. (painted freehand) He's 11 so I thought it would more versitile for his age. Not so cutsie

Home Depot has a Glidden brochure with all the drivers and colors. Also, Wallpaper borders are available with generic nascar and most of the drivers.

I need Ideas For Painting A Nascar Themed Room

Actually painted the walls a neutral beige. Used, "removable wall decals from a nascar store to decorate the walls. Hung nascar collectibles,clock and photos collected over the years. For the window, I used a nascar flag of his favorite team

My husband and I are decorating our game room a la NASCAR. Instead of wainscoting, we're going to make it the walls of our favorite tracks..darlington, daytona, bristol and talladega. Also, one wall is devoted to dale sr, so we're going to paint it black and then use a few shades lighter, like a charcoal, and paint his number 3 for a subtle backdrop and then shelve all his collectibles on the wall. Just a few of our ideas

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Kids SpaceJanuary 29, 2005
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Couple Painting a Room Quickly
Painting a Room Quickly
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 1:35:45 PM on 10.0.0.164 in 277 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.