Painting a Room Quickly

Category Painting
Couple Painting a Room Quickly
Sometimes you need to complete a room painting job quickly. The right tools and techniques can help. This is a guide about painting a room quickly.

I am starting a new job soon. I have 3 small children. I told my son I would paint his new room for him. The house is old. The ceilings are popcorn. I only have 4 days to fix his room. I'm in way over my head. Any suggestions for a quick fix? Please help! I don't want to disappoint him.

Jenny from NC

If you are painting, go with latex paint...that way you don't have to use primer and it dries pretty quickly. Paint and a few new things on the walls (check Wal-mart or Target) can make a huge difference. Maybe even new curtains or an area rug. Check the decorating part of the site, there are a million great ideas and tips.

Invest in an edge trimmer. It is flat with wheels on the side. handle on back allows you to roll paint closely to the edge without getting it where you don't want it.

Get a really fluffy roller & some sponge corner painters. Do all your corners first. The fluffy roller will do your popcorn ceiling & an ordinary one for the walls. You can get most of these at a dollar store.

Talk with your local paint store clerk...they can show you the codes on each paint chip that will let you know if tinted primer is needed for complete coverage...usually lighter colors are safer as long as you are painting over a light color...but not always! Also, if you are doing alone...you may want to do the cutting all at once, then paint. Always seems like cutting takes the longest. (painting along ceilings, floors, around doors and windows)