Cleaning Hair Off the Outside of Bathroom Fixtures

Is there a product or cloth that will help with removing hair from outside of the toilet and sinks?

By Willie from Albany, OR

It's as simple as any cleaning rag, water and some elbow grease ;-)

You can do a quick job of it by getting into the habit of just swiping those areas with plain old toilet paper to remove the hair. Flush that away and then use disinfectant wipes over the same areas to kill bacteria and maintain the clean.

I use the vacuum cleaner hose with one of the narrow attachments and just suck all that hair up - much easier than trying to wipe it up, and no possibility of clogging your sink or toilet...just make sure that your surfaces are dry when you do this. When I'm finished, I wipe everything down with a damp cloth and a little Scrub Free cleaner, then dry with a microfiber cloth, then damp mop the floor and I'm done. Easy peasy!

Oh I know it's not elbow grease you need. I have four cats and fur abounds. I know how it always seems to stick to the outside of porcelain and damp cloths just move it around and never seem to grab it. I find the toilet paper bit works if there's only a little. If you have a lot, wiping with paper towels before cleaning works the best for me. It's one of the only things I use paper towels for.

A clean bathroom faucet.
Cleaning Bathroom Fixtures
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJanuary 18, 2010
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄