Removing Nail Polish from Painted Furniture - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

Removing Nail Polish from Painted Furniture

I recently purchased a new armoire for my bedroom, one of my girls put quite a bit of purple nail polish on it. It's real wood and has a beautiful finish. How can I remove the polish without damaging the finish? This armoire cost me 3,000 bucks, I'm horrified that I'm stuck with purple polish on a white finish. Please help!

By Shanelle from Little Rock, AR

Answers

If you take a jar of any nail polish, (the actual polish) and paint that really thick over and around the spot, once you have painted it on let it sit till you count to 10, then take a cloth and wipe it off! The nail polish will moisten the old polish, and then it will wipe right off, and won't eat the finish like nail polish remover will! You might have to paint it on 2 or 3 times to get all of it off, but it works really good. :)

January 17, 2011 Flag

How do you remove fingernail polish from a desk without ruining the paint?

By Lauren from Sedalia, MO

Answers:

Do not use fingernail polish remover! Wait till the polish dries and lightly scrape it off with a razor blade (I use the ones that are for utility knives) scrape a little at a time as to not scratch the desk finish. (06/26/2010)

By pakjc

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 17, 2011
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:38:30 AM on 10.0.0.77 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.