Share & Vote

Air Freshener Using Crock Pot

You can easily make your own air freshener by using your small crock pot. Fill with water and add some of the following:

• drops of essential oil
  • potpourri scent
  • 2 tsp. of vanilla or other desired extract
  • ground cinnamon, and cloves
  • a cinnamon stick
  • slices of lemon

If you have a setting on your crock pot, put it on low. If not just plug it in. It would be a good thing to set a timer so you don't forget and dry it up.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Carol from Iowa [13]10/28/2010

I plan to use these suggestions in the mini "crockpot" I have that is just for potpourri. Thanks for the inspiration!

For safety sake I would contact the maker of the crock pot to make sure the essential oil and/or potpourri won't leach through the ceramic because the ingredients in those could be harmful if ingested via future cooking use because of leaching!

But I love your idea and the other suggested ingredients you gave and adding some water with your choice would definitely safely work! :-)

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.