Air Freshener Using Crock Pot

You can easily make your own air freshener by using your small crock pot. Fill with water and add some of the following:

• drops of essential oil
  • potpourri scent
  • 2 tsp. of vanilla or other desired extract
  • ground cinnamon, and cloves
  • a cinnamon stick
  • slices of lemon

If you have a setting on your crock pot, put it on low. If not just plug it in. It would be a good thing to set a timer so you don't forget and dry it up.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

For safety sake I would contact the maker of the crock pot to make sure the essential oil and/or potpourri won't leach through the ceramic because the ingredients in those could be harmful if ingested via future cooking use because of leaching!

But I love your idea and the other suggested ingredients you gave and adding some water with your choice would definitely safely work! :-)

I plan to use these suggestions in the mini "crockpot" I have that is just for potpourri. Thanks for the inspiration!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 27, 2010
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap