Uses for a Broken Umbrella

Tips for reusing an umbrella that is broken or old. Post your ideas below!

This is my first tip submit so I am excited! Anyhow, when you have a broken umbrella because one of the branches that open it break, don't throw it away... use it in the garden. It works great for tomato plants and even the cucumbers that need something to "grab" on to to have the vine to grow. It works great!

By Laura Lange

I think one of the best things to do with a broken umbrella is to use it to make a rain jacket for a small child or a pet. They are waterproof, ya know :)

My patio umbrella canopy is faded and tattered. The wooden pole and ribs are in decent shape, but you can buy a whole new umbrella for the cost of a replacement canopy. So, first I removed the center pole and set aside for another project. Then I placed the spoked ribs on the ground (kind of like a narrow teepee shape) and used it as a trellis/topiary frame for climbing vines.

Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Umbrella Tree
Growing an Umbrella Tree (Magnolia tripetala)