Uses for a Broken Umbrella

Category Reusing
If you have a broke umbrella it may still be useful for crafts or decoration. This is a guide about uses for a broken umbrella.

Tips for reusing an umbrella that is broken or old. Post your ideas below!

Top Comment

This is my first tip submit so I am excited! Anyhow, when you have a broken umbrella because one of the branches that open it break, don't throw it away... use it in the garden. It works great for tomato plants and even the cucumbers that need something to "grab" on to to have the vine to grow. It works great!

By Laura Lange

By ONeflakeybiscuit (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I think one of the best things to do with a broken umbrella is to use it to make a rain jacket for a small child or a pet. They are waterproof, ya know :)

By sb (Guest Post)
Top Comment

My patio umbrella canopy is faded and tattered. The wooden pole and ribs are in decent shape, but you can buy a whole new umbrella for the cost of a replacement canopy. So, first I removed the center pole and set aside for another project. Then I placed the spoked ribs on the ground (kind of like a narrow teepee shape) and used it as a trellis/topiary frame for climbing vines.

:)