Boppy Pillow for Geriatric Patients

I was wondering if anybody who worked in a geriatric setting had ever made a homemade Boppy pillow for positioning of geriatric patients? If so was it successful?

By dlansford from Nashville, TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

What is a Boppy pillow?

I did have a patient who used what she referred to as a "husband", one of those large bolster type pillows with a high back and protruding arms. Here's a picture of a similar one:

http://www.amaz  84687&sr=1-1

A boppy for grown-ups would have to have a high back, I think, because adults have a higher center of gravity than babies.

A bobby pillow is used for positioning. I've made a couple of them with loose filling and pillow ticking. I use one for sleeping and leg elevations. The problem is keeping them clean in the nursing facility. I'm a retired Geriatric Nurse and Administrator with lots of year of experience. Commercial washers are murder on pillows and personal clothing.

The pillows are not hard to make, I've made bolsters in addition to the u shaped pillows I use for sleep.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 27, 2009
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Pillow Made from Fabric Scraps
Making a Pillow With Fabric Scraps
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:11:44 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.