Boppy Pillow for Geriatric Patients

I was wondering if anybody who worked in a geriatric setting had ever made a homemade Boppy pillow for positioning of geriatric patients? If so was it successful?

By dlansford from Nashville, TN

What is a Boppy pillow?

I did have a patient who used what she referred to as a "husband", one of those large bolster type pillows with a high back and protruding arms. Here's a picture of a similar one: ... w-Pink/dp/B0019KLTY6/?tag=thrif06-20

A boppy for grown-ups would have to have a high back, I think, because adults have a higher center of gravity than babies.

A bobby pillow is used for positioning. I've made a couple of them with loose filling and pillow ticking. I use one for sleeping and leg elevations. The problem is keeping them clean in the nursing facility. I'm a retired Geriatric Nurse and Administrator with lots of year of experience. Commercial washers are murder on pillows and personal clothing.

The pillows are not hard to make, I've made bolsters in addition to the u shaped pillows I use for sleep.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 27, 2009
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Pillow Made from Fabric Scraps
Making a Pillow With Fabric Scraps