Browsing: Uses for Bungee Cords

Using Bungee Cords To Help Fill The Freezer

I can fully stuff my freezer shelves AND avoid things falling out when I open the door by crisscrossing bungee cord straps between the shelves.

By Elba Pilrose

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Using bungee cords....My DH would tell me to take some food out of the freezer and use it and only put in back in what easily goes into the freezer. It looks neater and others opening the freezer can easily find something in there then too.

I have a chest freezer, and I use small cardboard boxes to sort things. This makes it so much easier to find and remove what I need. One box may have all frozen juice concentrates, another with packages of veggies, still another with sausage, hamburger, bacon. Just pull the box out and get what you need and set the box back in place.

Harlean from arkansas

Harlean,

I do the same thing! At the grocery store the produce guys have empty tomato boxes sometimes. These boxes are sturdy and have handle openings on the ends. WONDERFUL for using in the freezer. I can stack 3 boxes high and about 5 boxes wide in my LARGE freezer. I like to freeze one kind of item per box, too. In the summer I will freeze our own raspberries and strawberries and put them in ziploc sandwich bags and stack them side by side in the box, not to be moved until I need them for supper someday. I have seen other people's freezers...people who do not use boxes and everything is loose and banging around and as they bang around they sometimes open up and then get freezer burnt or spill all over the place. This does look neater and with the map I make that I have either taped on the freezer lid or on the wall beside the freezer, I know where everything is.

Uses for Bungee Cords
Organizing Freezer and FridgeJanuary 24, 2005
pile of electronics cords and cables
Recycling Electronic Cords and Cables
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
TV with hidden cords.
Hiding Electric Cords
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:28:54 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.