Uses for Bungee Cords

Category Simple Living
This is a page about uses for bungee cords. Generally used to help secure a load, these elastic cords can be helpful in many creative ways.

I can fully stuff my freezer shelves AND avoid things falling out when I open the door by crisscrossing bungee cord straps between the shelves.

By Elba Pilrose

Tired of having my pant legs dragging under my feet and not expecting my tummy to shrink anytime soon, I was desperately seeking to buy simple suspenders. I decided to try using a pack of bungee cords from the Dollar store. It works. I got so fond of 'em, I finally tied the hooks together permanently! The only downside is that these square-ish plastic hooks are uncomfortable pressing against your body in some places, such as between your back and a chair.

Also the one up on the shoulder feels much better on top of a shirt!

If you don't tie them together (to make a longer strap) then throwing it over your shoulder will often cause the hooks to separate. One strap might fall down on the floor or come apart beneath a garment. An even better Idea would be to find a longer single bungee cord set.

I have many canning jars and rings, and I keep them stored on a chrome shelf in our garage. The rings would fall all over the place until I got the idea to use one of my husband's bungee cords.

Better Living Simple LivingJune 2, 2015
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Bungee-Cords.html