Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Dark Cabinets and White Appliances

I am going to be moving into a new home. The kitchen has very dark cabinets that are in great condition. My appliances will all be white. Flooring will be a neutral tan color. The kitchen is not too big, but has room for a 4 person table. What colors should I consider painting the walls? Basically what would look nice and rich looking that would go with white and dark brown? Thank you.

By Ronda from Warren, PA

My kitchen also has dark oak cabinets with stone colored flooring. The walls are brick, not real, but the thin, paste on the wall type. The counter tops are white and appliance are a variety, cooktop is white, oven is black glass, and dishwasher and refrigerator/freezer are paneled to match the cabinets and the brick red adds enough color without being too much.

You definitely need some color in there that isn't neutral. I recommend a sage green or peach.

I like sage as well, but I also would consider painting the cabinets. An off white or cream would soften the space and bring it up to date. Here's a good step by step. I haven't had time to do mine yet, but they need it!

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/how-to-advice/painting-kitchen-cabinets.shtml

My first thought since you said rich looking is a dark red. It depends on how dark you want your kitchen though. I would go for a more medium color myself. I would suggest going to a paint store and getting a whole bunch of paint color cards (they're free!) and holding them up to the cabinets and see which 10 colors you like best. Then start narrowing it down until you find your absolute best color. Or if you can't decide between two colors you can buy sample sizes of each and paint a small section of the walls and get a true idea. Hope this helps!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 5, 2010
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎄
🍂