Plants That Repel Snakes

By TAMMY BENNETT 1

Is there any plants I can plant that repels snakes?

By Bennett from Vincennes, IN

Showing: Answers Sort

By Sis 11 24 Flag

I've always been told to burn the snake where you kill it and it will keep other snakes from coming around that area. Just thought i'd share that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Peggy 63 173 Flag

I don't know about plants, though my dad swears by his hint. He sprays kerosene around the peremiter, hasn't seen a snake in years.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Arlene 6 Flag

The only thing I have ever seen that gets rid of snakes is outside cats. Of course mine have a habit of bringing them to me to show off. I have garter snakes that hang around my pond and they are beneficial so I just watch where I step!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam 1 Flag

The perfect way to keep snakes out of your yard is to plant mint around the border. Snakes hate it and you have a wonderful plant for cooking and teas. You could also lay hemp rope around the border of the yard, snakes won't cross it. The only thing left after that is to get rid of the snakes that are now trapped in the yard. LOL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesMarch 29, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Plants That Repel Insects: Spearmint Plant
Plants That Repel Insects
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 3:46:37 PM on 10.0.0.218 in 923 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings