Plants That Repel Snakes

Is there any plants I can plant that repels snakes?

By Bennett from Vincennes, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've always been told to burn the snake where you kill it and it will keep other snakes from coming around that area. Just thought i'd share that.

I don't know about plants, though my dad swears by his hint. He sprays kerosene around the peremiter, hasn't seen a snake in years.

The only thing I have ever seen that gets rid of snakes is outside cats. Of course mine have a habit of bringing them to me to show off. I have garter snakes that hang around my pond and they are beneficial so I just watch where I step!

The perfect way to keep snakes out of your yard is to plant mint around the border. Snakes hate it and you have a wonderful plant for cooking and teas. You could also lay hemp rope around the border of the yard, snakes won't cross it. The only thing left after that is to get rid of the snakes that are now trapped in the yard. LOL

Answer

Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesMarch 29, 2009
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Plants That Repel Insects: Spearmint Plant
Plants That Repel Insects
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 11, 2016 at 12:24:35 AM on 10.0.1.47 in 255 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.