Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

What is the best rug shampooer to buy?

By Linda from Corning, NY

Answers

Can anyone suggest a good rug shampooer that is not too expensive and easy to use? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Monica from PA

Answers:

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

Is this something you want to purchase or rent? (12/20/2004)

By truerblue

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

I found a small one on Montgomery Ward site. It's 99.00, it depends on the size of your house I guess. (12/21/2004)

By brharr3

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

If you could find a friend or relative that owns a RAINBOW vacuum cleaner, it has a shampoo attachment that works very well. They may even have some of the solution that is used. It's worth a try! (12/31/2004)

By FrugalFriend

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

Go to kirby.com and click "Schedule a personal in home demonstration today!" Your nearest Kirby office will come out and show (not tell) you what their system can do. I've had a Kirby for over 20 years with ZERO problems and outstanding performance. I just upgraded to the new model with the transmission and I'm again more than happy with it. Just think, you have nothing to lose. They will come to you, show you what the Kirby can do, clean any room in your house for you FOR FREE! And if you, for only God knows why, don't like it they will take it with them, no strings attached.

My Kirby has saved me thousands of dollars in carpet replacement alone. In fact, even with 5 of us living on this carpet, it looks as good now as it did 20 years ago. All we do is vacuum once a week and shampoo once a year. I know of no other system that can do that. But again, you have nothing to lose, and thousands to save. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. (01/15/2005)

By Matt

Rug Shampooer Recommendations

If you are purchasing, I would buy the Hoover. It has all the attachments. I really love mine. (04/27/2008)

By Deb