Taggie Baby Blanket

Sometimes the perfect gift is right in your own home. I re-purposed the best parts of a flannel nightgown, a fleece throw, and a satin pillowcase (all of which I already had) to create this "taggie" blanket for an upcoming baby shower. Pretty, useful, and completely free. My machine was broken so I had to hand sew and it only took me a few nights in front of the TV to finish it.

Source: Necessity, the mother of all inventions.

By chriself from Williamstown, NJ

So what is a taggy blanket?

It's a soft blanket with "tags" (usually pieces of different textured ribbon) hanging off of it. Babies and little kids love them. they are usually small and you can buy them in a store for around $20 (makes making them all the more reasonable) now they even have blankets and pillows and all sorts of baby toys. Hope this helps!

I am confused. Why do babies like the taggy blankets? Do they hold onto the tags or what

Great economical idea! I'm impressed that you used everything you already had. I may be able to do this as well now that you've shared your genius idea. I just became grandma of the second baby yesterday and would love to have something homemade for her. Thanks.

My baby, when she was a baby, used to look all over the blanket to find the little label tag on it, and she would hold this to her face and go to sleep. They are so cute, I never thought to make a bigger tag! What a great and comforting idea!

This is one idea I will use! So sweet and kids LOVE these blankets.

Taggie Baby Blanket
Making a Taggie Baby Blanket
Crafts Baby ItemsJuly 10, 2009
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower