Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

I have almost new laminate flooring. I never use any cleaner on it just my H2O mop (steam). About a week ago I noticed a large almost white spot on it right in the middle of my living room. Now today I have another by a chair. Help. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them and what causes it?

By Sandy from AR

While I don't have a laminate floor, I have often considered putting one in my house. Can you contact the store or dealer for help? You mentioned a steam cleaner you use, is it possible you left the pad in one spot too long? Hopefully you will find a solution. Good luck to you.

I used Homax (Brandname), WHITE RING REMOVER. It removes water marks and minor surface scratches. I think that I bought the product at Wal Mart.

I too had white marks on my laminate flooring as a result of leaving the steamer in one position. I have now successfully restored the colour; I put two tea bags in a cup, barely cover them with boiling water then when the liquid is cooled apply it to the affected area and just dab it in with your fingers, leave for about half an hour then wipe an area dry with tissue to test it, you may have to leave it longer. This has completely worked for my flooring. Apparently it's the tannin in the tea bag that restores the colour. From Linda

THANK YOU EVERYONE. I too left the steam mop on my laminate floor. It led a whitish mark outlining the mop head. Yikes. Two tea bags worked like a charm. Grateful. Deborah

Take two tea bags, put in a cup, just about cover them with boiling water, leave it to cool, then put the liquid on the white marks on the laminate flooring. Just rub in gently with your fingers, leave for about half an hour, then remove some of the liquid with a tissue to check the result. The liquid (tea, which has tannin in - the colour agent) will have started to dry out. If the white mark is still evident leave for another 15 mins, then just wipe the area clean with a soft damp cloth. This worked for my laminate floor and it is now fully restored.