Black Flies In House Plant

I have an indoor pot plant - 'chamaedorea'. In the past month there are loads of black flies around it and in the peat. How do I get rid of them. I'm useless at all things gardening, but the plant was my mums and I don't want to damage it or throw it away. Also, how often do I water it and how much water should I use. Many thanks.

Mandy from United kingdom

September 13, 20070 found this helpful has lots of hints for getting rid of all kind of critters and pests. I'll bet they will have the info you need.

I use 2 tablespoons of Dawn Dish soap to 1 gallon of water Pour in spray bottle and spray all over plants Works for me. Happy fall.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsSeptember 9, 2007
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies