Keeping Hair Off of Towels

How can I keep hair from clinging to my towels during washing and drying? They come out of the dryer full of hair! Help!

rjw from GA

Fabric softener is not suggested for towels. Have you tried using vinegar in the rinse cycle...about a half cup to a cup depending on load size? Or try shaking out your hair towels prior to washing them. Also hair will cling more to towels with any type of synthetic material vs all cotton towels.

I have long hair and don't have trouble with it sticking to towels but it does stick something fierce to my fleece lap blanket.

I've taken to using nylon net to collect lint, etc. from clothes in my washing. It has worked pretty well with my towels too. Just purchase a yard of nylon net - any color - and put it in the washing machine with the other wash. Then put the net aside and save for next load. I have put it in the dryer too, but I don't think it's making a diff there...just in the wash. Try it!

A little fabric softener will help. Also, try not to get your towels 100% dry, as static will build up.

as a hairdresser I have ongoing problems in removing hair from towels when washing and even after being washed, the hair sticks to the cotton towel fibres! I have had to hand pick the hairs out afterwards -very time consuming!! how can I improve the wash as I have 30 or so weekly to do!!

I don't think you have cotton towels. I bought a couple microfiber wash cloths and everything sticks them! I don't have a solution for you except to purchase genuine cotton towels, even one or two at a time if you can't afford to buy more. It will be worth it.

stainless steel laundry basket with dirty towels
Cleaning Hair Off Towels
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryFebruary 19, 2009
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎄