Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

For static cling, I put a wad of tin foil in the dryer. It seems to help. Also, don't dry to bone dry. Leave damp and hang to finish. That system also prevents a lot of wrinkles so no need for fabric wrinkle releaser. It seems that a lot of store products create the need then meet it. Prevention is a key.

By Stephanie from Connecticut

gosh I'll try anything..It's all over my house(even w/added moisture)and carried out to my car!!! Thanks

I would not do this. Sears Tech said it will rust your sensor. Dryer sheets and fabric softners are bad enough for the dryer.

jennifer CA

Keeper here I tried it and was un-sucessful...

I'd be reluctant to try this because of the damage it might do to my clothes (i.e. snags). I like to use simple science: Static cling only happens when two different materials rub against each other. So I just make sure I try to wash loads of like fabrics. Most of my clothes are 100% cotton, so a load of only 100% cotton will not get static cling. Fabric blends are a bit of a problem. Hanging to dry is always an option.

Man ironing women's skirt as she is trying to walk away
Preventing Static Cling in Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 28, 2008
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil