Plants for a Water Garden

Does anyone know of any plants which will grow in water other than water lilies. I made a small rock garden with a tiny pump for running water. I am wondering if there are any plants I can stick in among the rocks which don't need to be planted in soil.

By needtoknow from Ontario, Canada

There are several plants you can grow in your water garden in addition to water lilies.

You can grow cold hardy plants such as water iris, or floating plants such as water Hyacinth, water lettuce or water chestnut. The above floating plants are tropical and hence will need extra protection for overwintering them.

See the following links for some ideas:

http://yourhomegardenblog.com/ponds ... -and-overwintering-of-aquatic-plants

Try philodendron or any of the vining plants like it. Just about anything that you can root in water will work to fill in the small spaces between the rocks. I've even had philodendrons in my big aquarium.

pale pink waterlily blossoms
Finding Plants for a Water Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Ponds and RockeryJuly 6, 2009
backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
🎄