Ink on a Leather Wallet

I just got a purple leather wallet from my grandma for my birthday. I put it in my school bag and it had a tissue that some one had been scribbling on with texta! The in soaked though onto the wallet and now I can't get it off. I tried hairspray, even BEER but it has not came out!

Gemma from Australia

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Did you try oxy clean?

I'm not sure what texta is, but if it's like a marks-a-lot or sharpie, there is a product for gluing plexi-glass, it's called weld-on #3 or #4. It removes ink like that. Just soak it, it's very thin stuff, and blot with a paper towel. Do it over & over, till the ink is gone. You'll know if it's going to work, cause the first time u blot, the paper towel or tissue will have ink on it.

Try the majic sponges by Mr Clean...they are great!

Try spraying (soaking) it with cheap hairspray then blotting it with several paper towels then repeating this several times.

Rubbing alcohol removes ink but you have to blot it, not rub, because if you rub it will make the stain larger.

May 28, 2008 Flag

Please tell me how to remove ballpoint pen ink from a leather wallet.
Thanks,
Robin

Answers:

Ink on a Leather Wallet

This topic has been discussed before. Check this link for ideas http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000276.tip.html (06/13/2005)

By Seagrape

Ink on a Leather Wallet

Use hairspray and blot! It really works. (06/20/2005)

By Rita T

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 28, 2008
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Leather
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 1:26:41 AM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.