Looking for "No Sew" Hemming Adhesive

I need help with a product name. My daughter told me about a type of adhesive tape that she bought at Walmart to use to hem her pants instead of sewing, but can't remember the name of it.

Our local Walmart has done away with the entire Sewing Center; therefore, I can't look there. I'd like to try to purchase it online, but don't know what it's called. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

By gonecrazyhunting

I used to use a product that you placed on the fabric and then turned the hem up over it and ironed it on. If I remember right it was called Stitch Witchery. I used to buy it at stores that sold fabric. This was back in the late 70s-early 80s. It worked real well for hemming clothes made out of the double knit fabrics.

Is it Stitch Witchery?

I never shop at Walmart, you can find it at Joann Fabrics or Micheal's crafts.

Thanks everyone! I do believe Stitch Witchery is it. We live in a small town with no craft shops or major stores other than Walmart. Thanks to your responses, I found it online with no problem and without traveling to find it!

1) You can either buy an iron on hemming tape. Just ask at the fabric counter (if your Walmart has one) or better yet, go to a fabric store. Sometimes they sell iron hemming tape at dollar stores.

2) Or, you can buy a bottle of "Fanbri-Tac" fabric glue. This is the best brand & it can be washed in the machine, dried in the dryer & also dry-cleaned (not all brands can). It dries very quickly & can be washed in 24 hours. You can also buy this at Walmart. It's under $5. You'll know you have the right brand if you see the one in the clear bottle. It looks like this:

Stitch Witchery is still available. I know because I just bought some more about 6 months ago at Joann's. There's also a liquid called Liquid Stitch that requires no ironing but has to be weighted down for several hours. My favorite that I just recently discovered is Mighty Mendit. I'm sure you've seen the Billy Mays commercial for it. I tried it and it works fantastic! Bonds instantly, no waiting, and no ironing. And holds tight! I first tried it on some towels that the hem had come undone on. Put in on, pressed it down for just a few seconds. Since then I've washed them several times and now I can't tell which towels I did that to and which ones are still sewn! I love the Mighty Mendit!

HeatnBond also makes an iron on adhesive for hems.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 26, 2009
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Plexiglass
Removing Adhesive from Plexiglass
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎄