Camomile Tea for Cat Eye Problems

Save on expensive vet bills. If you have an animal that has an eye problem, bathe the eye in camomile tea. Steep strong tea as you would if you were going to drink it. Let it cool. Take a cotton ball or face cloth and soak it in the tea. Apply to animal's eye(s). This helped me save lots of $ when my cat had an eye infection which the prescription wasn't helping. I only had to do it twice and the eye cleared up entirely.

By Lynn from Toronto, Ontario Canada

If all products for human eyes are sold in sterile form with instructions for maintaining sterile technique, why put homemade stuff in your pet's eyes? Not for me, I just can't do that.

Cool chamomile tea has long been recommended by herbalists as an eyewash. If you boil the water first, let it cool, and are careful to keep everything clean, I think it would be pretty safe to use. Plain water is often recommended for flushing the eye to remove foreign matter. That's not sterile. But I certainly understand a person's concern about putting contaminants in the eye. You don't want to do that.

Anonymous

You never stated exactly what kind of eye complaint your Cat has. There are no known "home-remedy" for problems that only a Veterinarian can give you the correct diagnosis for.

Anonymous

Anonymous

My cat has an eye infection now. I just moved here so didn't know where to take her. I am definitely going to try this because I don't like to see her sick. Thank you so much!