Using Vinegar And Water Solution In Carpet Cleaner

What type of vinegar to use in carpet steam machine?

By Brandi from Nashville, NC

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I use white vinegar, 1 cup per tank of warm water.

I agree with Omanana.I also read recently to just use hot water. I'm due for a carpet clean and usually do it twice over so I'm going to do the hot water first then follow with the vinegar.

I've never tried vinegar, but bet it would work good. I always add about 1/8-1/4 c. peroxide to the cleaner I use (I use Resolve) and it seems to help clean better, at least to me. I read it somewhere one time, and thought I'd try it. I haven't cleaned my carpet without it since.

I add a few sprinkles of lavender essential oil to the water and vinegar. There is no vinegar smell at all, just lavender.

Answer

I have a Hoover F7427-900 Steam Vac Dual V Turbo Power Carpet Cleaner. I need to know if I should I be filling the cleaning solution tank with straight vinegar, and the water reservoir of course with water, or do I put it all in together in the water reservoir? I've never used vinegar before. Also do I use something with the vinegar to make it smell good, if so, what?

Jon Ann from Summerville, SC

Answers:

I don't have that cleaner, but I use straight vinegar and I have light gray carpet. (05/21/2008)

By Me

I have never had a problem with vinegar smell because it evaporates. It smells like Easter eggs at first, but it disappears. Just be patient like Job. (05/22/2008)

By Momma2

My carpet cleaner mixes the cleaning solution with the water as it is sprayed on the carpet. I filled my cleaning solution reservoir with straight vinegar. It works great, and the smell will go away when it is dry. (05/27/2008)

By Beth

I've used just about every kind of carpet cleaner solution in my steam cleaner. None of them compare to one simple cheap solution, which is vinegar mixed with water. I use a solution of about 1 to 10 and am amazed at the results every time. It gets rid of spots that come back to the surface and cleans my steam cleaner at the same time. The vinegar smell does stay around until the carpet is completely dry. I usually spray the carpet down with some no-vacuuming foam afterwards while the carpet is still wet and light some candles. I have three messy children and vinegar works great for me! (09/10/2009)

By bedlamite23

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Carpet RecipesJanuary 29, 2011
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 10:54:14 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 624 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.