Chili and Corn Bread

When I am in a hurry for dinner, I open a can of chili and pour it into a 9x9 inch glass pan. Put cheese on top and make up a box of Jiffy cornbread and pour it on top. Bake until cornbread is done and chili is hot. Add a salad and you've got dinner.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

You could dress it up a bit, if you wanted to, by putting a bit of shredded cheese & some chopped jalapeno or bell pepper in the cornbread batter, before pouring over the chili. Either way, it sounds like a good fast meal, when in a hurry & cheaper than ordering out.

How timely. I was given all of those items from the Food Bank today, and it's so wonderfully simple (and a nutritious way to put them together in an appetizing way) that I'd forgotten how to do that. God bless you.

This is so good. I took it to a grieving relative after a funeral in a disposable pan . They commented on how much they enjoyed eating on it. It was so different then all the ham and fixins.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesAugust 30, 2006
Corn Bread Dressing
Corn Bread Dressing Recipes
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Upclose photo of corn spoon bread.
Corn Spoon Bread Recipes