Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Coffee Odor from Couch

I spilled coffee on my sofa. I cleaned it, but now it is dry and I still have the odor. Yuck.

By JC

01/01/2012

I am amazed at how effective Fabreeze is at eliminating odors from fabrics and carpets. As a tip for those who have ever had professional cleaning services come into your home, as in carpet cleaners, don't let them talk you into pet spot option which supposedly stops odor from coming back after being cleaned. All they use is Fabreeze and charge you an extra $30. for what you could do yourself for a couple bucks, same results.

By frances [1]12/31/2011

Try sprinkling baking soda on the area and letting it sit for a few minutes. Vacuum the area thoroughly to remove the baking soda. This may work. If not, then the liquid may have penetrated to the foam underneath the fabric. If that is the case, you may have to have the couch steam cleaned.