Ice MachinesAppliances

Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

My Kenmore icemaker is freezing up due to too much water in the fill cycle. How can I decrease the amount of water filling the ice tray?

By Hal from Marion, IA

Answers

August 3, 2010 Flag

I have a 4 year old Kenmore fridge (Model # 106.51262104) with ice maker, but the ice maker is not in use. The problem is that it kept freezing up around the blowing vent on the cooling side. I defrosted it a few times, it worked for a week or so and then it went back to the same problem. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks a bunch.

Luc

By minhtn from Edmonton, AB

Answers:

Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

A repairman came and replaced a defroster thermostat in the freezer. Maybe that's your problem (07/07/2009)

By happily retired

Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

Our ice maker has been giving us fits. Makes ice and quits. Makes a "gurgling" sound and does not make ice. I followed the hair dryer suggestion, of heating up/defrosting the ice maker and that worked. Also, read a suggestion that the freezer should be at 5 degrees F. I think ours was too cold, much colder than 5 degree F. Adjusted the freezer thermostat to that temperature. We will wait and see how this works. Our frig is a Kenmore model 596.72222200. Hope this helps. (11/21/2009)

By nuguy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes