Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

My Kenmore icemaker is freezing up due to too much water in the fill cycle. How can I decrease the amount of water filling the ice tray?

By Hal from Marion, IA

Answers

August 3, 2010 Flag

I have a 4 year old Kenmore fridge (Model # 106.51262104) with ice maker, but the ice maker is not in use. The problem is that it kept freezing up around the blowing vent on the cooling side. I defrosted it a few times, it worked for a week or so and then it went back to the same problem. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks a bunch.

Luc

By minhtn from Edmonton, AB

Answers:

Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

A repairman came and replaced a defroster thermostat in the freezer. Maybe that's your problem (07/07/2009)

By happily retired

Kenmore Ice Maker Freezes Up

Our ice maker has been giving us fits. Makes ice and quits. Makes a "gurgling" sound and does not make ice. I followed the hair dryer suggestion, of heating up/defrosting the ice maker and that worked. Also, read a suggestion that the freezer should be at 5 degrees F. I think ours was too cold, much colder than 5 degree F. Adjusted the freezer thermostat to that temperature. We will wait and see how this works. Our frig is a Kenmore model 596.72222200. Hope this helps. (11/21/2009)

By nuguy

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesAugust 3, 2010
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄