Keep Mosquitoes Away With Listerine

Has anyone every tried the homemade remedy for repelling mosquitoes using Listerine? If so, does it really work? I tried it and it didn't seem to work. How is it made?

By Linda from Brighton, MI

Best Answer

It did not work for me either. I diluted it at first, didn't work. Then sprayed it full strength, maybe worked for less than five minutes, then had to spray again.

Best Answer

I have tried it and have found that it does work, The key thing to remembe is you want to use the green colored listerene not the goldish looking kind, the ingredent that does the trick is the eucalyptis and th menthol. Other brands work as good likes scope or even generic. Spray as needed on clothing or skin and even outdoor items you will be around, like window sills, chairs, etc. Also works wonderfully on mosquito bites, just add some to a cottonball and dabble on the bite, immediately stops itchig and starts healing quicker too.

Best Answer

I have been using listerine for mosquito for awhile now and I am amazed at how good it works. I would use it at family gatherings, spray my back yard before people would arrive and no one would complain about being bit at all, it really works. I didn't believe it would work at first but now I am a believer.

Best Answer

Mix Listerine with fresh squeezed lemon juice....or just rub lemons on you...works wonders..I can't remember what parts but will try to find my recipe and get back to you...Avon Skin So Soft used to work the best...but the skeeters are outgrowing it or it's made different...doesn't seem to work anymore..but lemon feels good and smells good and WORKS...

It is merely an urban legend that started in emails a few years ago. Though it does contain eucalyptus, its not enough to keep the critters at bay for long. It's temporary relief at best.

I just spray pure listerene...seems to work in Arkansas. I spray around back door and window fr.ames and around the deck each time I go out. I also put a few drops of cheap olive oil in any containers where water is standing or might stand. It coats the container when water evaporates and reoils when it fills up again. I do this about 3 times each spring and summer. Doesn't take a lot!

Listerine
Uses for Listerine Mouthwash
Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping TipsJuly 16, 2010
Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Dog in Grass
Insect Repellents Safe for Use Around Pets
backyard pond
Keeping Mosquitoes Out of a Pond
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🎉
🎄