Crafts Using Bleach Bottles

There are a surprising number of crafts made using bleach bottles. This is a guide about crafts using bleach bottles.

Bleach Bottle on White Background
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Bleach Bottle PiggybankUse a regular bleach bottle, rinse it out with water and baking soda (takes the bleach smell away). Let dry. Paint with acrylic pink paint and let dry. Paint your spots on with either black or brown acrylic paint and let dry for about and hour.

Use black or brown felt and pink felt and cut out ears, hot glue them on. You will need either 4 small thread spools or 4 medium size thread spools for the legs, I get mine at 99 cent store. Cut your holes in bottom of bottle so that the spools make the piggy bank stand right. Cut the circles and insert spool, hot glue around each one so they don't come out. Paint on your eyes and your nose, a slot for the money, then spray with a sealer and you are done.

By Sheri from Stockton, CA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone remember a while back, those pocketbooks made out of the bottom half of a plastic Clorox bottle? I believe they were crocheted. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern? I've looked on line and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Pam from WV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you all for the information on the bleach bottle purse.

Thrifty Fun is a great site in finding things you can't find yourself.

Thanks again.

Pam

Read More Answers...

Does anyone have the instructions for the snowman face wall hanging, leprechaun face, bunny face, and the turkey all made from Clorox bottles and yarn like the Santa face?

By Bonnie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is one:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/Bleach-Bottle-Snowman.html

Decoupaged bleach bottles - two piggies.This is my second year of homeschooling and I wanted to show the girls how to decoupage. After several hours of thinking of what they could do that would be fun as well as useful, I went into my laundry room. And there atop of my washer sat an empty bleach bottle. The bottle was laying on its side and from the front it looked to me like a piggy. And hence, this is where I got the idea.

Materials:

• clean, empty gallon size bleach or vinegar bottles
  • newspaper
  • flour
  • hot water
  • paper, such as scrapbooking or tissue
  • egg cartons, cut into sections
  • spray clear coat

Directions:

1. First wash the bleach bottle out good. You can also use those gallon vinegar bottles.
  2. Then get some newspaper and rip them into strips.
  3. Meanwhile make your decoupage glue. I used the basic recipe of 1 cup of flour to 2 cups of hot water.
  4. Cook over low heat until no clumps and thick. You may need to add more water. If it's too watery add a bit more flour. Just be sure to let it cool before using.
  5. Dip your newspapers in the glue mixture and begin layering on your bottle. We did the top part and let it dry, then did the bottom.
  6. After several layers and being completely dry (we do a part each week for art class) then you can decorate. We used scrapbooking paper and tissue paper. We kept with a theme, but you can use anything you would like: newspaper funnies, music pages, etc.
  7. Let dry!
  8. For the legs we used the holder from an egg carton and the ears we formed out of the paper.
  9. After the entire thing is dry you can cut a hole in the top to put your coins in and then varnish. I use a clear coat in a spray paint can.
  10. That is it! Now you have a cute little piggy bank that isn't just cute, it is also very useful.
  11. In the photos, we haven't added the tail or the eyes. The eyes will be buttons and the tail will be a curled pipe cleaner.

By Melissa from Pine City, NY Sideview of single pig. Another closeup of piggy.

Looking for pattern to make Whirley Gig from bleach bottles.

Faye from Nova Scotia, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

here's info on how to make them from soda bottles

http://www.mothergoose.com/Crafts/bigWhirl/bgwhirl.htm

Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 22, 2012
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Bleach
Bleach Stains on Countertop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 9:06:12 PM on 10.0.0.247 in 233 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.