Crafts Using Bleach Bottles

There are a surprising number of crafts made using bleach bottles. This is a guide about crafts using bleach bottles.

Bleach Bottle Piggybank

Use a regular bleach bottle, rinse it out with water and baking soda (takes the bleach smell away). Let dry. Paint with acrylic pink paint and let dry. Paint your spots on with either black or brown acrylic paint and let dry for about and hour.

Kim D.6 found this helpful

A bleach bottle Santa craft.

This is a cute, unique Christmas door decoration that can be made without too much bother or artistic ability. It recycles that empty bleach bottle, too. I've gotten lots of comments about how cute he is.

Bleach Bottle Bunny

Making this adorable bunny is a great way to repurpose a bleach bottle. This is a guide about bleach bottle bunny surprise.

Making a Bleach Bottle Santa

This is a guide about making a bleach bottle Santa. Clean plastic bleach and detergent bottles are great to use in craft projects. Make this cute Santa for the holidays.

This is my second year of homeschooling and I wanted to show the girls how to decoupage. After several hours of thinking of what they could do that would be fun as well as useful, I went into my laundry room. And there atop of my washer sat an empty bleach bottle. The bottle was laying on its side and from the front it looked to me like a piggy. And hence, this is where I got the idea.

Materials:

Directions:

1. First wash the bleach bottle out good. You can also use those gallon vinegar bottles.
  2. Then get some newspaper and rip them into strips.
  3. Meanwhile make your decoupage glue. I used the basic recipe of 1 cup of flour to 2 cups of hot water.
  4. Cook over low heat until no clumps and thick. You may need to add more water. If it's too watery add a bit more flour. Just be sure to let it cool before using.
  5. Dip your newspapers in the glue mixture and begin layering on your bottle. We did the top part and let it dry, then did the bottom.
  6. After several layers and being completely dry (we do a part each week for art class) then you can decorate. We used scrapbooking paper and tissue paper. We kept with a theme, but you can use anything you would like: newspaper funnies, music pages, etc.
  7. Let dry!
  8. For the legs we used the holder from an egg carton and the ears we formed out of the paper.
  9. After the entire thing is dry you can cut a hole in the top to put your coins in and then varnish. I use a clear coat in a spray paint can.
  10. That is it! Now you have a cute little piggy bank that isn't just cute, it is also very useful.
  11. In the photos, we haven't added the tail or the eyes. The eyes will be buttons and the tail will be a curled pipe cleaner.

By Melissa from Pine City, NY

What a great project for the kids to do! I love the personal artist touch of each person, they can really put their own personal touch to their art project, and it's so colorful. Then it is a useful project they can keep for a long time. So many projects are just done, and discarded. You've got a great ideal, I hope other home schoolers pick up on this. I have older kids now, but, my 3 kids would have loved this project when they were younger.

Bleach Bottle Bunny

Here's a fun project to make using a bleach bottle and yarn for a nice Easter display or gift. Can also be made into a small purse.

Bleach Bottle Snowman

This is a guide about making a bleach bottle snowman. Plastic bleach bottles are a popular item for use in craft projects.

Does anyone remember a while back, those pocketbooks made out of the bottom half of a plastic Clorox bottle? I believe they were crocheted. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern? I've looked on line and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Pam from WV

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I'm guessing you've found it already:

http://www.thri  2943184.tip.html

Enjoy!

I don't crochet but I am thinking I will make some denim purses with the clorox bottle for the bottom. It will help to keep some plastic out of the landfill. Thanks for a thoughtful question.

I found this website with photos of purses made from bleach bottles. If you are an experienced crocheter it would be very easy to make one for yourself. I prefer to cut the bleach bottle shorter than the one shown in the photo. Everyone has their own preference.

http://iwannane  _01_archive.html

Read the 3rd post on this website, it will give you the instructions:

http://www.that  320148922.html?2

How do I make Easter baskets from Clorox bottles?

By Dianna from Middleburg, FL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

http://www.ehow  kets-crafts.html

Anonymous

After having learned what I have about bleach and non food plastics I find it's not a good idea to use bleach bottles for Easter baskets that will be holding food items and stuffed animals for children. Perhaps you could use gallon vinegar containers or water bottles instead? MCW's link is a really good start for 'how to' instructions.

I would use gallon milk containers instead of bleach bottles for safety reasons. As a daycare teacher that is what we have used in the past and they work out just as good.

Does anyone have the instructions for the snowman face wall hanging, leprechaun face, bunny face, and the turkey all made from Clorox bottles and yarn like the Santa face?

By Bonnie

Here is one:

http://www.thri  tle-Snowman.html

I an from Scotland U.K. I printed the "Bleach Bottle Santa Door Decoration", but unfortunately I have been unable to find any gallon bleach containers. Please has anyone got any solutions or suggestions, please? Thank you.

By Gillian from Scotland U.K

Perhaps you could find a gallon size plastic vinegar jug. It should give about the same results as they are fairly close in size. I made several of these about twenty-five years ago and gave them as gifts during the Christmas holidays. I still have mine and it has held up really well. I hope this helps in your search for plastic jug/bottle.

When we were making apple juice we purchased gallon jugs from the local water bottling plant. These should work as well as bleach botles.

My mom had a hat that was crocheted panels and crown from bleach bottles. It folded and she carried it everywhere. Does anyone have the pattern? Thanks.

By Gma Bette

Looking for pattern to make Whirley Gig from bleach bottles.

Faye from Nova Scotia, Canada

here's info on how to make them from soda bottles

http://www.moth  hirl/bgwhirl.htm

Does anyone now how to make pirates out of bleach bottles, or Santa faces that can be adapted to become pirates? If you have photos that would be a big help. Thanks.

By Ardonis

I am looking for a pattern using a Clorox bottle cut in half, pink and red felt, white yarn and of course eyes.

By pgossage from Florence, SC

I am looking for crafts made out of Clorox bottles. I was told you could make a bird house the shape of a bear out of a Clorox bottle. I was wondering if anyone had the instructions on how to do this or any other crafts made out of Clorox bottles.

Kathleen from Sprakers, NY

Answers:

Clorox Bottle Crafts

Take the bottle, cut the bottom off. Cut a "fringe" around the remaining sides of the bottle. Cut all the way up the sides. Curl the fringes, if you'd like. Now, look at it from the top view. The handle is the bridge of the nose, the opening is the mouth and the fringe is the mane. You've just created an African inspired tribal mask. You could decoupage the entire bottle with animal prints tissue paper prior to cutting. Or just leave it plain, then paint it. Quick and easy craft for kids. (02/21/2009)

By sukimarie

Clorox Bottle Crafts

There are instructions on this site for a bleach bottle Santa door decoration. Search for "bleach bottle Santa". I made one for last Christmas and it turned out really cute. Nobody could believe the base was a bleach bottle.

Tracey in Jacksonville Fl (02/24/2009)

Editor's Note: Here is the Santa link on TF: thriftyfun.com

By TraceyI

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I don't want to make you feel bad, but it's really not a great idea to use bleach bottles for bird houses. No matter how well you rinse the bottles, they are pretty toxic. Chlorine is kind of nasty for most critters' early development, including humans, and birds. Use them for decorations, but not for housing baby animals, OK? (02/27/2009)

By leopardstripes

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I use bleach bottles for a couple of things.

1. Easter baskets---cut off top part (make great funnels for sand box). Cut off a one inch strip all the way around for handle. Punch holes on opposite sides of the remaining base and at each end of handle strip. Use two brass fasteners and attach handle. Decorate with stickers.

2. Cut the upright sides into strips, write names of plants on them and stick into ground or pot.

3. The remaining bottoms after using the sides for plant stakes can be used as saucers under your plants. (03/01/2009)

By Hill8628