Crafts Using Bleach Bottles

There are a surprising number of crafts made using bleach bottles. This is a guide about crafts using bleach bottles.

April 8, 2008 Flag

Bleach Bottle Piggybank

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use a regular bleach bottle, rinse it out with water and baking soda (takes the bleach smell away). Let dry. Paint with acrylic pink paint and let dry. Paint your spots on with either black or brown acrylic paint and let dry for about and hour.

Kim D.6 found this helpful
December 13, 2006 Flag

A bleach bottle Santa craft.

This is a cute, unique Christmas door decoration that can be made without too much bother or artistic ability. It recycles that empty bleach bottle, too. I've gotten lots of comments about how cute he is.

December 20, 2016 Flag

Bleach Bottle Bunny

This is a guide about bleach bottle bunny surprise. Making this adorable bunny is a great way to repurpose a bleach bottle.

September 19, 2012 Flag

Making a Bleach Bottle Santa

This is a guide about making a bleach bottle Santa. Clean plastic bleach and detergent bottles are great to use in craft projects. Make this cute Santa for the holidays.

October 24, 2007 Flag

Decoupaged bleach bottles - two piggies.

This is my second year of homeschooling and I wanted to show the girls how to decoupage. After several hours of thinking of what they could do that would be fun as well as useful, I went into my laundry room. And there atop of my washer sat an empty bleach bottle.

February 24, 2005 Flag

Bleach Bottle Bunny

Here's a fun project to make using a bleach bottle and yarn for a nice Easter display or gift. Can also be made into a small purse.

June 6, 2013 Flag

Bleach Bottle Snowman

This is a guide about making a bleach bottle snowman. Plastic bleach bottles are a popular item for use in craft projects.

May 30, 2010 Flag

Does anyone remember a while back, those pocketbooks made out of the bottom half of a plastic Clorox bottle? I believe they were crocheted. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern? I've looked on line and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Pam from WV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm guessing you've found it already:

http://www.thri  2943184.tip.html

Enjoy!

I don't crochet but I am thinking I will make some denim purses with the clorox bottle for the bottom. It will help to keep some plastic out of the landfill. Thanks for a thoughtful question.

I found this website with photos of purses made from bleach bottles. If you are an experienced crocheter it would be very easy to make one for yourself. I prefer to cut the bleach bottle shorter than the one shown in the photo. Everyone has their own preference.

http://iwannane  _01_archive.html

Read the 3rd post on this website, it will give you the instructions:

http://www.that  320148922.html?2

March 29, 2011 Flag

How do I make Easter baskets from Clorox bottles?

By Dianna from Middleburg, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://www.ehow  kets-crafts.html

After having learned what I have about bleach and non food plastics I find it's not a good idea to use bleach bottles for Easter baskets that will be holding food items and stuffed animals for children. Perhaps you could use gallon vinegar containers or water bottles instead? MCW's link is a really good start for 'how to' instructions.

I would use gallon milk containers instead of bleach bottles for safety reasons. As a daycare teacher that is what we have used in the past and they work out just as good.

November 10, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have the instructions for the snowman face wall hanging, leprechaun face, bunny face, and the turkey all made from Clorox bottles and yarn like the Santa face?

By Bonnie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is one:

http://www.thri  tle-Snowman.html

November 12, 2009 Flag

I an from Scotland U.K. I printed the "Bleach Bottle Santa Door Decoration", but unfortunately I have been unable to find any gallon bleach containers. Please has anyone got any solutions or suggestions, please? Thank you.

By Gillian from Scotland U.K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Perhaps you could find a gallon size plastic vinegar jug. It should give about the same results as they are fairly close in size. I made several of these about twenty-five years ago and gave them as gifts during the Christmas holidays. I still have mine and it has held up really well. I hope this helps in your search for plastic jug/bottle.

When we were making apple juice we purchased gallon jugs from the local water bottling plant. These should work as well as bleach botles.

October 18, 2007 Flag

Looking for pattern to make Whirley Gig from bleach bottles.

Faye from Nova Scotia, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

here's info on how to make them from soda bottles

http://www.moth  hirl/bgwhirl.htm

October 20, 2012 Flag

My mom had a hat that was crocheted panels and crown from bleach bottles. It folded and she carried it everywhere. Does anyone have the pattern? Thanks.

By Gma Bette

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 1, 2011 Flag

Does anyone now how to make pirates out of bleach bottles, or Santa faces that can be adapted to become pirates? If you have photos that would be a big help. Thanks.

By Ardonis

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a pattern using a Clorox bottle cut in half, pink and red felt, white yarn and of course eyes.

By pgossage from Florence, SC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2009 Flag

I am looking for crafts made out of Clorox bottles. I was told you could make a bird house the shape of a bear out of a Clorox bottle. I was wondering if anyone had the instructions on how to do this or any other crafts made out of Clorox bottles.

Kathleen from Sprakers, NY

Answers:

Clorox Bottle Crafts

Take the bottle, cut the bottom off. Cut a "fringe" around the remaining sides of the bottle. Cut all the way up the sides. Curl the fringes, if you'd like. Now, look at it from the top view. The handle is the bridge of the nose, the opening is the mouth and the fringe is the mane. You've just created an African inspired tribal mask. You could decoupage the entire bottle with animal prints tissue paper prior to cutting. Or just leave it plain, then paint it. Quick and easy craft for kids. (02/21/2009)

By sukimarie

Clorox Bottle Crafts

There are instructions on this site for a bleach bottle Santa door decoration. Search for "bleach bottle Santa". I made one for last Christmas and it turned out really cute. Nobody could believe the base was a bleach bottle.

Tracey in Jacksonville Fl (02/24/2009)

Editor's Note: Here is the Santa link on TF: thriftyfun.com

By TraceyI

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I don't want to make you feel bad, but it's really not a great idea to use bleach bottles for bird houses. No matter how well you rinse the bottles, they are pretty toxic. Chlorine is kind of nasty for most critters' early development, including humans, and birds. Use them for decorations, but not for housing baby animals, OK? (02/27/2009)

By leopardstripes

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I use bleach bottles for a couple of things.

1. Easter baskets---cut off top part (make great funnels for sand box). Cut off a one inch strip all the way around for handle. Punch holes on opposite sides of the remaining base and at each end of handle strip. Use two brass fasteners and attach handle. Decorate with stickers.

2. Cut the upright sides into strips, write names of plants on them and stick into ground or pot.

3. The remaining bottoms after using the sides for plant stakes can be used as saucers under your plants. (03/01/2009)

By Hill8628

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 22, 2012
Bleach Bottle Bunny
Making a Bleach Bottle Bunny
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Bleach Bottle Snowman
Making a Bleach Bottle Snowman
Bleach Bottle Santa
Making a Bleach Bottle Santa
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 8:25:29 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.