Mash And Freeze Sale Potatoes

I buy potatoes when they are on sale. Then I boil them, mash them, and seal them in serving size containers and put them in the freezer. It's so nice to be able to just take out as much as I need and microwave it. Beats eating instant mashed potatoes!

By Chiarelli

What a great idea. Also will come in handy when I have potatoes trying to get eyes on me. I can cook them up before I lose them. Hey, I guess you could add butter and garlic or butter and cheese to your potatoes before you freeze them and have fancy potoatoes. This is a 5 star idea for sure.

This is a great idea. I've been doing this for some time now. You can also slice them and have ready to fry potatoes.

Buy potatoes in bulk or when they going on special. Peel,slice for chips or cube for salads or for currys or for breyani. Rinse in cold water and dry on paper towel. Heat enough sunflower oil and blanch them for few minutes. Remove and drain well in a strainer. Place on trays and place in the freezer. When they are frozen pack in containers or sealable bags and store in the freezer.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesSeptember 25, 2009
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale