Freezing Red Potatoes

Freezing your crop of red potatoes involves a few steps but the harvest can be enjoyed for months once you have prepared the potatoes and frozen them. This is a page about freezing red potatoes.

We planted a row of red potatoes in our garden. I finished digging them up and prepared them for freezing. This is my first time freezing potatoes. I'm hoping to use them in several different recipes. Wish me luck.

This is the way I did it.

1. After digging the potatoes out of the ground, they have a lot of dirt on them. Using two five gallon buckets, wash the potatoes, shifting them from one bucket to the other, until the water was clear.

2. After separating the large ones from the small ones, put them into the kitchen sink, scrap the skins off and remove the eyes and bad spots. Rinse well.

3. Cut them into quarters or halves according to the size.

4. Place the potatoes in boiling water and blanch on simmer until they are tender but not cooked completely. Blanch the large ones first.

5. Remove the potatoes from the water with a slotted spoon and place in a strainer to drain.

6. Spread the potatoes out on racks to cool and dry out.

7. Cut into desired sizes and place in Ziploc freezer bags. Using a straw, suck the air out so they will be air tight.

They are ready to freeze.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 5, 2018
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Red-Potatoes.html