Baked Frozen Red Potatoes

Category Potatoes
When preparing your frozen excess potato crop try this idea. The results are excellent and the taste is as good as they were fresh from the garden. The recipe for making marinated, baked, frozen red potatoes is found on this page.

Last year, I shared a tip on freezing red potatoes from our garden. It was my first time freezing potatoes and I didn't know if they would be good or not. I have tried cooking them several ways but was not pleased with the texture nor the taste. I went several months without using any.

Recently, I started baking them. Cooked this way, they taste just like they do fresh from the garden. I believe the secret to making my frozen potatoes taste good is thawing, draining and letting them marinate in the seasoning.

I have just a couple of packages left in the freezer. We are hoping for a good crop this year. I'm planning to freeze a lot more than I did last year and preparing them in different ways after thawing and marinating them. However, baked like this, they taste like French Fries and I'll bet this will be our favorite way for me to prepare them.

Cook Time: 45-60 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours or more

• frozen potatoes cut in small pieces
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • olive oil
  • Pam cooking spray

1. Thaw potatoes in microwave and drain well.
  2. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir well to coat.
  3. Place a paper towel in another bowl and pour the potatoes over the paper towel. Let the potatoes sit and marinate and continue to drain.
  4. Remove the paper towel. Pour a little olive oil over the potatoes and stir to coat them with the oil.
  5. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
  6. Spread potatoes out on baking pan.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 350 or 400 degrees F for 45-60 minutes or until browned. Stir a couple times during the baking process.

This sounds like a good way to use up extra potatoes (frozen months ago) and no frying!

I may wait until my weather cools off but I'm sure that I will try this method later.
Thanks for sharing your "research" recipe.

YUM!!! Thanks for sharing! I am going to share with my hubby, who is our cook! I love all things potatoes!

Food and Recipes Recipes PotatoesDecember 18, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-19 23:06:49 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️